Friday, February 1, 2008

Open Night plaudits for BGS drama

From Frances Burscough's column in the Belfast Telegraph, 31 January 2008:

The perfect antidote to those 11 plus blues...

Good luck to all 11-year-olds for the results of the transfer test this Saturday and congratulations to Bangor Grammar for the most entertaining open night so far this selection season. I took my wee man along expecting a series of boring speeches and departmental presentations, only to be thoroughly entertained during an evening of music, drama and comedy.

Ok, so I was slightly selective in my tour - we dashed through physics and maths at breakneck speed and gave biology a pretty wide berth, but then made ourselves right at home in the music department and enjoyed a full orchestral arrangement of Stevie Wonder oldies that would have been worthy of the Ulster Orchestra live from the Waterfront Hall. That was followed by a half hour of hilarious comedy and performance art from the drama department. The result? One of the best nights out we've had in ages. I know ... how sad is that? I really do need to get out more ...

No comments: